KidGuard Android Installation Tutorial
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING INSTALLATION STEPS SHOULD BE DONE ON THE TARGET DEVICE (THE ANDROID DEVICE OF YOUR CHILD THAT YOU WANT TO TRACK).
1. Before KidGuard can be installed, you must first allow installation of apps from sources other than the Google Play Store on your child’s Android device. On your child’s Android device, go to settings, look for “Lock screen and Security”*. Then look for the “Unknown Sources” option and enable it.
*Note on depending on your device manufacturer and Android version, the name of this option may be slightly different, but they should all have the word “Security” in it.
2. On your child’s Android device, open a browser and log into your KidGuard account and select add a child. Then add a device and select Android. A popup will appear with a link to download the KidGuard app. Please note the 4 digit device code, you’ll need it in a later step.
3. Once your download is complete, swipe down on the notification and tap on it to start installing the KidGuard app.
4. Click install when prompted.
5. After app installation is complete, tap on “Open”.
6. Enter the email of your KidGuard account. The device code is the 4 digit code from the earlier popup. If the popup closed, you can still retrieve the device code by clicking on the “i” button next to the device name in KidGuard.
7. After you’ve successfully logged in, click on “Activate”.
8. Click “Allow” to allow KidGuard access to the contacts on the phone.
9. Choose the Gmail account you want to track on the device. (Multiple account tracking coming soon!)
10. On the “Usage data access” screen, you’ll see various apps that can access your device. Find and tap on the KidGuard app.
11. Toggle “Allow usage tracking” to On and tap the back key on the Android phone.
12. Proceed through the rest of the access permission queries by tapping “Allow”. If you deny any of the options, we will not be able to track and collect data for you.
You’re done! Go back to your KidGuard account, click Sync, and you should soon see data from your tracked device!
Please contact our customer service if you have any questions via our live chat!