- UKnowKids was created by parents for parents to help protect and monitor their children online.
- Tracks text messages, photos sent, apps installed, social networking accounts and more.
- Compatible with Android phones, iPhone, iPod and iPad.
- Provides daily email summary of activity and email alerts if there are reasons for concern.
Free one week trial.
Provides monitoring for up to 8 kids per family.
Premier options include:
$180 one-time fee/lifetime
Premier Plus Apple options:
$10/month + $60 one-time
$100/year + $60 one-time
$240 one-time fee/lifetime
UKnowKids helps parents monitor their children’s activity on Android phones and Apple devices. It tracks text messages, call logs, web browsing history, apps downloaded and more.
Their support team offers free webinar and setup assistance calls for parents who may need help getting started, along with a digital safety resource center.
A notable feature is the Social Network Scanning, where it helps you find social network accounts that belong to your child. UKnowKids also sends email alerts to notify you of potentially dangerous situations.
Although no jailbreaking is required, you do need access to the physical phone if it’s an Android. Also, in order to track your child’s social media accounts you need their account information, which may be difficult to achieve if you don’t want your child to know you’re monitoring them.
- No jailbreaking involved.
- Receive email alerts when there are potentially dangerous situations.
- Discover your child’s hidden social media profiles.
- Can also track activity on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Android monitoring requires app to be installed on target phone physically.
- Need to know child’s account info for social media accounts.
- Certain features like deleted texts and web browsing are only available on Apple mobile devices.
- Some users report group text messages not displaying properly.