About Us
ResourcesFeaturesTestimonialsPricingTry Now!

Have you ever witnessed cyber bullying?

Results of a survey on 450+ teenagers about their experiences in cyberbullying

YES

83.8%

NO

16.2%

The most common places teens expressed that they witnessed cyberbullying are Instagram, with 472 responses, Facebook, Snapchat, and text messages. These are currently the most popular social media platforms that teens use. Other platforms that teens have witnessed cyberbullying on include Tumblr, Youtube, 4chan, Skype, kik, as well as video games and the After School app. 

NO

6.3%

YES

93.7%

Do you think people are more likely to bully others if they are online?

Cyberbullying is a common occurrence among teenagers, and can take many different forms. From hate emails, to false rumor posts, to scathing comments on photos.

Of the 457 responses we received, 83.8% teens said that they have witnessed cyber bullying, with only 16.2% said they had not.

Have you ever witnessed cyberbullying?

Anonymity is a very powerful tool that the internet provides. With the power to be anonymous, people can often be meaner and harsher with their words with no worries about repercussions or consequence. Some teens might never know who is cyberbullying them, since it is so easy to create fake profiles on social media.

Have you ever been approached by strangers online?

NO

33.3%

YES

66.7%

While the internet can be a great tool to connect people all over the world, this can of course bring many dangers. There are many predators out there who specifically target children or teenagers because they are more naive and their defenses might be lowered.

AGE

-

FEMALE

73.7%

MALE

22.8%

PREFER NOT TO SAY

GENDERFLUID

0.4%

Most of the teens who responded to the survey are 17-18 years old, with 211 and 152 responses respectively.

Cyber bullying can affect any age group, especially with social media reaching children younger and younger. 

Of the 457 responses, the majority are female, at 73.7%. 104 identify as male and 12 prefer not to say.

JUNIOR

SENIOR

The majority of the responses we received were from seniors in high school. These are teens that have more access to social media, being more likely to have their own smart phone and computer.

GENDER

-

CYBERBULLYING

SURVEY RESULTS

KIDGUARD 2017 

If so, through what channels?

If so, through what channels?

3.1%

31.7%

68.3%

GRADES

-

LOCATION

The teenagers we received responses from are from all over the United States, including places like Houston, Chicago, Brooklyn, San Jose, Raleigh, Brownsville, Buffalo, and more. This shows that cyber bullying is not something that only affects certain areas, it can affect anyone, anywhere.

Instagram

Snapchat

Twitter

Tumblr

ASKfm

YouTube

Kik

After School

Video Games

Skype

other

Facebook

Text Messages

In our day and age, cyberbullying is a common occurrence especially among teenagers or even children younger than that. Of the 457 responses we received, 383 teens said that they have witnessed cyberbullying - that’s 83.8%. On the other hand, only 74 teens (16.2%) said they had not. 

Cyberbullying can take many different forms, from hate emails, to false rumor posts, to scathing comments on photos. These are severely affect a teenager, affecting their schooling, their happiness, and their well being.

3.1%

Click to Enlarge

Q:

Q:

Q:

Anonymity is a very powerful tool that the internet provides. With the power to be anonymous, people can often be meaner and harsher with their words with no worries about repercussions or consequence. 

Some teens might never know who is cyberbullying them, since it is so easy to create fake profiles on social media.

Q:

While the internet can be a great tool to connect people all over the world, this also bring many dangers. 

There are many predators out there who specifically target children or teenagers because they are more naive and their defenses might be lowered.

Most of the teens who responded to the survey are 17-18 years old, with 211 and 152 responses respectively.

Cyber bullying can affect any age group, especially with social media reaching children younger and younger.

Of the 457 responses, the majority are female, at 73.7%. 104 identify as male and 12 prefer not to say.

The teenagers we received responses from are from all over the United States, including places like Houston, Chicago, Brooklyn, San Jose, Raleigh, Brownsville, Buffalo, and more. This shows that cyber bullying is not something that only affects certain areas, it can affect anyone, anywhere.

Over 450 students from all over the country answered a survey about their experiences with cyberbullying as a part of the 'KidGuard for Education' Essay Scholarship.